- How do I contact you? Contact us
- What are your store hours? Saturdays from 10:00 AM to 5:30 PM.
- What sort of warranty do you have on used equipment? Used equipment warranty
- How do you rate the condition of your used products? Product Condition Ratings
- Do you sell on eBay? We certainly do. We have extensive experience on eBay and 100% positive feedback from many happy buyers all over the world. Our eBay ID is cameratradingcompany. Click here to see our current eBay listings.
- Do you buy used camera equipment? We certainly do. Most of our used camera equipment comes from people like you, who have cameras and lenses they no longer require. Please bring your items to us for a free appraisal, or email us. If emailing, please provide as much information as you are able: brand name, model number, operating condition, cosmetic appearance. Photos (that are in focus) are helpful. We can give precise quotes based on accurate descriptions of the equipment, pending final inspection when the equipment is in our hands.
- Do you accept trade-ins? We do accept trade-ins, and we will usually be able to offer more for your equipment as a trade-in than for the same equipment as a straight purchase. If you are in Canada, you will also save some tax on the trade-in portion of your purchase. For example: if you are buying a camera for $100 and you have a $50 trade-in, you will pay only $50, plus tax on the $50. If you are not in Canada, we do not charge any tax. To find out the value of your trade-in, please bring your items to us for a free appraisal, or email us. If emailing, please provide as much information as you are able: brand name, model number, operating condition, cosmetic appearance. Photos (that are in focus) are helpful. We can give precise quotes based on accurate descriptions of the equipment, pending final inspection when the equipment is in our hands.
- Do you sell new equipment? We are a second-hand equipment specialist, and most of what we sell is previously owned photographic equipment. We do sometimes make special purchases of new/old stock from other stores. These are items that are new and never previously sold, and have the same warranty as our used camera equipment. Click here for the Used Equipment Warranty. We also sell some current new items like lens adapters, filter adapter rings, etc., that are always in demand by aficionados of classic photo equipment. All items that we list for sale are clearly labeled Used, New, or New/Old Stock.
- Do you accept consignment items? We accept some types of second-hand photographic equipment for sale on consignment. These are typically items that complement our existing stock, and have a resale value of $200 or more. The commission rate is 33%. You, the seller, keep 67%. We can sell your equipment in our retail store, on our online website, or in our eBay store (eBay fees apply). Please inquire if your equipment qualifies for consignment sale. We also accept some non-photographic items for eBay sale. Please inquire.
- Some of your prices look a little high. Looks can be deceiving. Consider the following:
1) Our prices are in Canadian Dollars, which is usually quite a bit less than the U.S. dollar, so your U.S. dollar has a lot more buying power here. Click here for today's exchange rate.
2) We offer free shipping to Canada and the USA on purchases over $200. Purchases under $200 have a low shipping price.
3) We offer special discounts to repeat customers.
4) We offer special kits that combine multiple items into a special low price in our listings, and we will also be pleased to make a special package price, on request, for any purchase of several items. Tell us what you want, we'll create a special package for you.
You will find our prices very competitive.
- Do you have equipment that is not listed on your website? Ya gotta be kidding. We have been buying and selling camera equipment for many years, and we have many thousands of common and uncommon items in stock, far more than we'll ever be able to list on our relatively new website. Recent, older, vintage and antique cameras, lenses, all kinds of accessories, all formats, darkroom, studio, movie, projection, books, instruction manuals, you name it, hard-to-find widgets, all kinds of items that only a very few highly specialized stores will care about. We even have digital equipment, believe it or not.
We will try to list as many as we can of the most important items, but please don't hesitate to contact us if you don't see what you want.
- Do I need to pay taxes on my purchase? We do not charge any taxes or customs duties to buyers in the USA or anywhere outside of Canada if we ship the item. Your local taxes and duties may need to be paid to your local authorities upon arrival. Canadians have the special privilege of paying taxes for their purchases as per the following:
ONTARIO, NL AND NB: 13% HST
NS: 15% HST
PEI: 14% HST
BC, AB, SK, MB, QC, NT, NU, YT: 5% GST
- I have a problem with my purchase. If you purchased the item from us with a warranty, we will repair it, replace it, or refund your money. Please Contact us first.
Most problems are easy to resolve with fresh batteries, or by clearing up a misunderstanding of how the equipment functions, or some other equally simple solution. If there is a genuine warranty issue, return the item to us, and we will repair it, replace it with an identical model in working condition, or refund your money. If you need to ship it, you will pay the cost of returning it to us, and we will pay the cost of shipping it back to you after repair or replacement.
See our Used equipment warranty.
- Do you keep a "want list" for special requests? Yes, we do. Please email us with your heart's desire, and we'll let you know when we get the item you are looking for. Please be as specific as you can be. Requests like "interesting Nikkor lenses" or "vintage cameras" will bring you more emails from us than you bargained on. Contact us